Wednesday, May 8, 2013

  "Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

   My "eagerly anticipating" book this week is...

Boy NobodyBoy Nobody
by Allen Zadoff

Publication Date: June 11th 2013
Add to your library: Goodreads

Boy Nobody is the perennial new kid in school, the one few notice and nobody thinks much about. He shows up in a new high school, in a new town, under a new name, makes few friends and doesn't stay long. Just long enough for someone in his new friend's family to die -- of "natural causes." Mission accomplished, Boy Nobody disappears, and moves on to the next target. 

When his own parents died of not-so-natural causes at the age of eleven, Boy Nobody found himself under the control of The Program, a shadowy government organization that uses brainwashed kids as counter-espionage operatives. But somewhere, deep inside Boy Nobody, is somebody: the boy he once was, the boy who wants normal things (like a real home, his parents back), a boy who wants out. And he just might want those things badly enough to sabotage The Program's next mission. (via Goodreads)

I've always been amazed of what assassins do. Okay, I know it's bad enough to kill someone. But to read something about it is such a guilty pleasure, isn't it? And this definitely reminds me of Celaena from the Throne of Glass. I'm curious as to how Boy Nobody will kick ass as an assassin. 

What are you eagerly anticipating this week? Link below! :)

10 comments

I definitely agree about how amazing assassins are..minus the killing but still they are pretty cool murder and all. Great pick it's going on my tbr list :)

My w.o.w http://booknerdrambling.blogspot.com/

REPLY

This sounds great! I agree... reading about assassins is a guilty pleasure of mine too. ;)

REPLY

This book sounds pretty good! I really like the tagline. Thanks so much for sharing! :)
Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

REPLY

oooh- looks awesome-thanks
my WOW_http://turnthepagereviews.com

REPLY

This one sounds very similar to Jenny Lynn Barnes' Nobody. If you are excited about this one, you should check that one out too! Great pick this week!

Courtney @ Fuzzy.Coffee.Books

REPLY

I'm so relieved that you find assassins amazing. Minus the killing part of course.

REPLY

Great to hear that, Lisa. :D

REPLY

Hope we'll enjoy reading this. ;)

REPLY

I know that one! And I agree with you.

REPLY

Hey, there! Thanks for stopping by my blog! Feel free to leave a comment. I'd love to hear from you! I'll reply as soon as I can! ;)

The Bookish Confections . 2017 Copyright. All rights reserved. Designed by Blogger Template | Free Blogger Templates